.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Friday, October 06, 2006

Chiara's Last Few Lessons


Chiara loves to use my watercolor pencils. I explained to her yesterday that my mom will arrive in 2 weeks and our lessons will stop until after the baby is born. Her mom is also pregnant and exactly 1 month behind me so Chiara will have 2 new babies in her life.

Over the past months, we have been talking about whether the babies are a boys or a girls and going over possible names. She is a light in my life. Last week she said "Mamma, ti voglio tanto bene, Zavier anche Gina." "I love Zavier and Gina too." The week before she fell and scraped her knee while walking to my house with her mom. Her mom told her that when they got to my house I would take care of the cut and give her a Band-Aid. Chiara was not worried. When her mom said I was "brava", Chiara added I was also "buona", which means good of heart and a nice person. Now who would not love that?


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

Her English comprehension is very good but to get to speak takes a bit of coaxing.


All contents copyright 2004-2006.
All rights reserved.

3 Comments:

At 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sweet. Mmmmm....I love Italy. It's my favorite country. But I moved to Morocco instead. Did you follow that?

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Ebony and Ivory said...

How cute! Aw, I am sure you are going to miss Chiara but you will be pretty busy with your baby. You're in the home stretch now!

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger miss cupcake said...

Chiara is so cute! The way she pronounced PINK brings back so much memory of my time there with my Italian friends. Hope all is well with you & bub, take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home