.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Just Strange


This is how one of my goldfish has been sleeping for about a week now. I hope its not sick.

All contents copyright 2004-2006.
All rights reserved.

8 Comments:

At 2:16 PM, Blogger Jeff Gromen said...

That's one of those rare "upside down goldfish" I would put it up for sale on ebay.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Gia-Gina said...

The fish is not dead but it is sick and has either one of two ailments. Flipover or swim bladder disease. Some fish can live like this for a long time and when not asleep my fish eats and plays with its buddy. Poor guy, I do feel sorry for him though.

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Open Roads Mama said...

ouch, that does look strange. It does look uncomfy :-(

 
At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a goldfish once wo did that, but he was dead. I don't think it's normal. Are you going to take him to a vet to find out what is wrong?

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Ebony and Ivory said...

This very same thing was happening to my husbands angel fish. He researched it online, then went out to the pet shop to get the recommmended medicine, administered it the little guy, and within a week, he was much better. It could also be the pH or alkaline in the water or something like that causing him to get sick. Poor little guy!

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger Gia-Gina said...

I changed the water and fed the fish peas, (this cure from the internet) since peas sink and they don't swallow as much air when they eat sinking food, the fish seems to be much better.

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger RennyBA said...

Hello from Norway again - long time no see.
Sorry about your fish. Have you tried moout to mouth recessation?

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Corrie said...

yikes. hope your fish recovers and the peas help. i've never seen this happen before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home