.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Weekend Dog Blogging #5


We're off to Rome for the w-e so this post is a day or two early.

Can you tell we don't have kids? YET!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

We've gone and done it this time...We knew we created a food snob but only this week did we find out to what extent. When Deme went back to Seattle, I asked him to pick up some doggie toothpaste. As you can see our old tube is running really low. He bought a new brand that Zavier won't go near. Our old toothpaste was chicken flavored, he love it. This new one claims to be chicken flavored but instead of being a creamy, beige chicken-skin color, it is white. Somehow the dog figured out it was not the "real" thing.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

When I ask him to come over to have his teeth brushed, he is more than happy to oblige me. The disclaimer, IF and only IF I have the gourmet chicken flavored toothpaste. See how he licks it off the toothbrush before I even turn it on.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It has gotten chilly, clouds and mist have decended onto Torino. We have to keep warm now don't we?

9 Comments:

At 3:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time in Rome. I'm going away too this weekend, to Naples, so no posting from me either this w-e
P.S. Your dog is SO cute!

 
At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A smart dog who knows what he likes! Enjoy your weekend!

Best,
Paz

 
At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

re: "it has gotten chilly". One thing I have learned in the last 3 years in this city (how WIERD that we live BOTH in the mediterannean AND in northern europe at the SAME TIME!!!)....remember how we used to be so concientious on the west coast about keeping the heat down to a minimum and only using it when you needed it?? FUGGEDABOUDIT!!

Turn it up, keep it up, keep the house WARM.....

maybe me and my achey aging arthritic limbs will see you in Rome on Monday....either way we know we'll all be eating something delicious....Sav has a couple of hours of meetings....we'll see...I found where you are on my map...ciao ciao...

 
At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before you know it the food channel will be on at odd times at night, with the dog passed out with a nice smoked duck devoured and bones left on the carpet...

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Miss Kim said...

I'm an empty-nester so I tend to spoil my dog now. We have a little German grocer here in Tirana who goes to Germany every 2 weeks and brings back stuff. This week he brought me 54 cans of Coco's favourite dog food so I know what the toothpaste thing is all about :) Have a great time in Rome.
Kim

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Miss H. said...

How adorable!! I am the same way with my kitty-cats. They allow me to brush their teeth (with an old-fashioned tooth-brush), but only if I have their favorite Petromax toothpaste. HOW FUNNY!! It is the same tube that you have been using with your doggie :). My bunny lets me brush her teeth, too!! *haha*.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Gia-Gina said...

A bunny? Amazing.

 
At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wife and I dont have kids yet either! I cant wait to pick up my dog too! Looks like fun! LMAO!

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Your dog is so cute! If we ever get a dog I want one just like him!

Cyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home