.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

The 23rd and 5th Meme

Rowena of Rubbah Slippahs in Italy tagged me for this Meme (I have no idea what it stands for) which is like a blog chain letter but much more fun. Here are her exact instructions:

1. Dig into your blog archive.
2. Find your 23rd post (or closest to).
3. Find the 5th sentence (or closest to).
4. Post the entire text of the sentence along with these instructions. Ponder it for meaning, subtext or hidden agendas...
5. Tag five people to do the same.

I found this: "Americans love the food, the idea of long, lingering meals at the table, espressos, cappuccinos, operas, aria, Andrea Bocelli, and one of my favorites, good Parmigiano."

Since my blog is about my new life in Italy, I remember writing about how everyone thought I was so lucky. Americans love Italy, if you say Tuscany to an traveled American they are bound to ooze and melt at your feet. When I found this archived blog post I was just beginning my life here. I wanted to believe that I made the right decision and that Italy would love me as much as I thought I would love it.

I tag Melissa, Island Girl, Angelika, Paz and Mona.

3 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Ok, I get it now -- disregard the email! :)

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Mona said...

Oh no, I've already been tagged for this meme :( So sad!!

 
At 9:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your line.

How interesting to go back and look at things that we've written or said out of context. Sometimes, it surprises us.

Gia, I've already been tagged for this one. Thanks!

Paz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home