.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Friday, July 27, 2007

More Work Ahead

The end is near…(Our four-month stay at our temporary apartment is just about over.) Our tenants are finally moving out at the end of the month. They purchased a new condo and are finishing up some work inside. We, on the other hand have a lot to do to the place before we can move in. Our condo is over 20 years old and has never been remodeled. Demetrio’s old bachelor pad needs quite a bit of updating, (he paid a lot of attention to cars, motorcycles and clothes but not much to the condo while he was living there.) Everyone under the sun is telling us that our budget is too small. Having guests, being in charge of the remodeling, being pregnant and having Veronica are all stressing me out beyond comprehension. I am also a bit ticked off that Deme decided to take a 4 day trip to NY this week. The babysitter has been an gem, she’s been taking car of Veronica three days in the row, 4 hours at a time so I can visit tile and flooring stores and spend time with Tia.

Giordano is safely back in Rome, Tia leaves next week, I have an intense month of remodeling to do then we are back in our condo. I am looking forward to getting our things out of storage ($28/day) and having a place to hang my hat for at least 6+ months. With the new baby arriving in 2-3 months, I am ready to begin nesting.


Some really old kitchen cabinets that really have to go.



All contents copyright 2004-2007.
All rights reserved.

2 Comments:

At 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think those kitchen cabinets look fine-at least from what I can see in the picture. they are a light wood. I hate the 70s style dark wood or painted ones. Those are yucky.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger travelphilippines said...

your kitchen cabinet still look nice..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home