.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Volunteer Park Conservatory

I love this place! Once a year when I am chilled to the bone and thinking of home or the yearly treks I used to make to Hawaii to visit my friend Marilyn, I know I can take off my coat in this place and feel at home. Volunteer Park is a huge park with a reservoir, a tall tower, a playground but the conservatory is my favorite attraction. The dirt inside smells clean, the cactus house scorches, the orchids and the giant bird-of-paradise amaze me but most of all I love taking photos of the tropical plants.


No digital color enhancement here, this orchid is a vivid bluish purple.


I am not a botanist and don't pay much attention to the names of the plants but these two are my favorites.


The most delicately veined orchid in the whole exhibit.


My dad has this flower blooming on Guam except his is white.

All contents copyright 2004-2007.
All rights reserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home