.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Never Alone Again

I keep telling myself that life will return to normal when Veronica gets a little bit older. Then I neglect to remember that we are expecting another baby and when Veronica is finally sleeping through the night, the other baby will be here. I keep wondering when I am finally going to get a full night’s sleep.

Lately I have been completely exhausted; I take care of Veronica all day and with the babysitter is here, two to three times a week for about three hours, I run around doing errands. Last night we decided to take a little outing before dinner, we got home at about eight o’clock. I proceeded to feed Veronica and get her ready for bed and by 8:45 p.m., she was out like a light. She normally goes to bed between 6:30 and 7:30 p.m. We were hoping that putting her to bed a little bit later would make her wake up a little bit later. Actually, this has an inverse effect on her, the later she goes to bed the earlier she gets up in the morning. She was up at 6 a.m. All I can say is that this morning I look like I am hung over.

Demetrio loves doing things as a family. he wants us to go grocery shopping together, he wants us to go to the car wash together, he wants us to go shopping together, he wants us to rent videos together, he wants us to take walks together, she wants us to do everything together as a family. Any mother would be happy that her husband enjoys doing things as a family (and I do love the fact that he is so family oriented) but this morning I told him I need to be left alone at least twice a week, without him and without Veronica. I need to seriously catch up on some much needed sleep. I hope that this weekend he will take her out and leave me home alone.

All contents copyright 2004-2007.
All rights reserved.

3 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

-.-

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Texas Espresso said...

I think that is absolutely healthy! Too few of us women take a few moments for ourselves and its important to do.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Joy said...

I KNOW exactly what you are talking about! Paul is the same way and wants us to do everything together. You need some time to yourself. Deme can go to work and have time for himself so to speak, so you need time for yourself too! Tell him to take out Veronica or leave them at home and go relax somewhere. I know you want to sleep but if you're home, you might not and want to do other things like clean or surf the Internet. I usually like to just enjoy shopping by myself. Believe me, it helps a lot!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home