.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Monday, June 11, 2007

How Does Your Garden Grow?

My garden has officially taken off. With June here, I have finally taken all the protective plastic off of my tomatoes, peppers and cucumbers. (Late frost is always a problem.) I am so grateful to all the people that help me set up my 5 wonderful planting beds. (You know who you are!) So far so good. I have been keeping up with the watering and weeding as well as making tons of new friends at this community garden.


This is my lettuce patch. I have no less than 10 types of salad greens growing including red leaf, green leaf and bibb lettuces, arugula, wild arugula, chicory, just to name a few. I have seen a few bunnies in the garden, along with a weasel, lots of crows that pull put all my plant markers and even deer tracks in my beds but thank goodness these seem not to be a problem yet.


In this bed I have 3 zucchini plants, 13 tomatoes plants and a few borders of marigold. I cannot wait to have fresh cherry, grape and salad tomatoes in a month or two.

So I have a question for you, what are you growing in your garden this year? Ornamentals, herbs, veggies?

All contents copyright 2004-2007.
All rights reserved.

3 Comments:

At 8:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm jealous! With space as tight as it is here, we don't have room for a proper garden; just a few peppers, pineapples, herbs and a papaya tree, all in pots.

 
At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks good!

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Here's a belated response to your question! I've just posted about my gardening activities over at my place (with pictures).

http://mrs-scarborough.livejournal.com/150866.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home