.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Whole Food Finds



Both Demetrio and I were surprised and delighted to find burrata at Whole Foods this weekend. Our delight was short lived because when we got home and cut into the burrata, it was off color and a bit sour. We both think it was not stored at the proper temperature. I called the store and asked them when they got fresh burrata in store as I wanted to purchase some the day it came in and not a minute later.
(I do have to note they had wonderful Gorgonzola piccante though.)


Can you believe the price on these mushroom? I think I will wait for the farmers markets here to really get into full swing where I can get them for much less.

All contents copyright 2004-2007.
All rights reserved.

2 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my .. that price on the porcinis .. incredible .. did you manage to get dried once with you ?? if not .. Ritsu is going on a business trip to the US again end of may and could bring some and ship them .. just let us know ..

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger The Missus Complains said...

Peter,
Thank you for the thougth, I can get them here. When are you planning to leave Torino?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home