.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Monday, May 21, 2007

Tutto Bene

This past weekend was a mini-milestone for me. I woke up on Saturday feeling tired but not nauseous at all. Sunday was equally as pleasant and now that Monday is here I feel like the worst is over. Now I can look forward to my second trimester second wind. For the two weeks I have been seeing a chiropractor and hoping to get my back in tip top shape. Having to constantly lift Veronica has really done a number on my lower back. I am glad to be feeling better since we are expecting Giordano, Irene and Umberto in late June.

More news, after a week of wonderful weather, we had a wet weekend which helps my garden a ton since I did not have to nurse my new seedlings and plantings. I hope all goes well in the garden as I have already told friends that when things are ready to harvest I plan to make a giant Italian dinner from the produce. I definatly do not want to disappoint.

We have decided on the hospital in which to have the new baby. My gyno is Chinese, young and very nice. I know I will receive the best care at Evergreen (rated a baby friendly hospital by the WHO (World Health Org.)) Having someone who understands me fully is enlightening. I have not been hassled about my weight (still have not lost some of the baby weight from Veronica), about my diet (I am eating as though I have gestational diabetes) or anything else for that matter. We have decided to find out the sex of this baby and in about 6 weeks, at my 20-week ultrasound, we will find out. My dad and MIL are waiting with baited breath.

All contents copyright 2004-2007.
All rights reserved.

2 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gina! I haven't been reading my blogs lately - Are you back in Seattle too? You must have followed me from Italy. Ha :-) We'll have to do a former-expats-GTG sometime.
Tina
P.S. Congrats on expecting a new one!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Miss H. said...

OHHHH...I'm waiting to know with baited breath to know the sex of your baby, too!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home