.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

USPS M-Bags

I got my first M-Bag just after Christmas. M-bags are great ways to send books and published material overseas. I asked for books for Veronica and a good friend Jane send a giant box. Thank You Jane! The tag on the M-Bag stated that the entire box of books, about 30 pounds worth, cost somewhere in the $25 dollar range. A very good deal considering that I ordered a calendar refill from Seattle and it cost me $9.15.

All contents copyright 2004-2007.
All rights reserved.

2 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow ... i never knew about this special service from usps ... but still .. in order to order you annual book supply from let's say amazon ... you need a middleman in the US to repack everything and fill out that customs form, right?

and now all these books are going back to seatle soon? What a shame ...

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

I sent 2 or 3 M Bags once to get all my books over here, once I was sure I was definitely planted here and not going anywhere. I took all the book jackets off and just threw them in the bag, but what I should have done was boxed them, duh. They arrived a bit battered but safe and sound.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home