.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas in Rome

We are spending Christmas in Rome (again, this is a good again though) this year. With my mom here with, I am playing tour guide. (Which I am more than happy to do. Photos to follow after the New Year as I do not have my machine with me.)

My mom is a world traveler and has been everywhere, from the Great Wall of China to Scotland, the Philippines, Norway, Germany, all over the U.S and now Italy. We have spent some time touring Torino but Torino is small change compared to Rome. Yesterday we were at St. Peter's and the Vatican Museums.

Remember the T.V. show, Kids Say the Darndest Things? Well, my mom has a wonderful sense of comedic timing and has a few gems of her own.

1. Upon entering the Sistine Chapel and seeing a crowd of over 200+ people she asks me "Is this what we're here to see?"

2. Upon seeing the grandness of St. Peter's Basilica she says "Why did they need to build such a big church for?" Then she admitted it was beautiful and was the biggest church she has ever step foot in.

3. About traffic in Rome, "Give me a moped, the traffic here is just like in Vietnam." We happen to see a fist fight in the street over a fender bender one day too.

She comments on the small cars, the ancient buildings, the traffic, the well dressed women, the tourists like herself, the great sites and she's only been here for 4 days.

I've noticed she likes: torrone, polenta, roasted rabbit and hot chocolate Italain style (thick and creamy).

All contents copyright 2004-2006.
All rights reserved.

8 Comments:

At 2:59 AM, Blogger Sara, Ms Adventures in Italy said...

Gia, Gia, GIA! I don't think you even noticed!!!

"Photos to follow after the New Year as I do not have my MACHINE with me."

I feel your pain, and I totally understand you, of course. hehehe.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Run Around Paris said...

Your mom has made some great, honest, observations - sounds like you had a lot of fun!

Happy Holidays in Italy!

 
At 7:27 AM, Blogger Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Can't wait for the pics! Sounds like you're having so much fun with Mom :)

 
At 6:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Bes,
Paz

 
At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas and happy holidays, Gia, Demetrio and Veronica.
Buone feste

 
At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buone feste. Enjoy Rome.

 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger ScruffyEatsLambchop said...

Reading your blog makes me miss Italy dearly! Your mom is too cute!

 
At 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Gia!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home