.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11th

Being an American, it's hard to let this day pass without paying tribute to all those who lost their lives.

My 5th sister got married on September 9th and by the 10th I was back home in Seattle. The very next morning my best friend tried frantically to reach me on my cell phone. When I answered she was in tears and told me to turn the television on. I knew no one in New York and for the first half of the day, the gravity of the events really did not sink in. Later that day as my BF and I sat glued to the news, I realized America was never going to be the same again.

All contents copyright 2004-2006.
All rights reserved.

3 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we didn't talk about it....I hate this day. thanks for blogging it and remembering....L.

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

G: not many expats blogged about it; thanks for ... remembering. In some ways it still isn't real, but we'll never be the same. -- Viaggiatore (www.tuttivabene.blogspot.com)

 
At 5:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

RIP. You will never be forgotten. We had moment of silence in class today with all my students. I was amazed that all my students took it seriously too. They are only 4th graders.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home