.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

World Cup Mania

Who isn't into the World Cup right now? This week Deme is in Munich for a day and half for work and he gets to take in the Tunisia vs. Saudi Arabia game. Sitting only two rows from the field, he asked me to try to find him on TV. Yeah right! I tried and tried in vain but with all those people I could not see him at all.

This past weekend we went to a Italy vs. Ghana party and the volume at this party was unbelievable. Italians are wild when it comes to soccer. All of Rome was basically closed with everyone at home watching the game. Luckily Italy won and all is well in Italy. Now I can't wait until the Italy vs. USA game.

All contents copyright 2004-2006.
All rights reserved.

6 Comments:

At 3:52 PM, Blogger Gia said...

You should have told him to wear his orange pants...unless of course, everyone else was wearing orange pants too.

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger DZER said...

Me, me, me! I'M not into the World Cup!

soccer ... bleah

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Miss Kim said...

I never ever thought I'd be into it, but I am. I found myself putting the game on this afternoon even though hubby was not home!

 
At 12:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what was the response to the Italy-USA game?

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Gia-Gina said...

Last night was the Italy vs USA game the score ended up 1-1. With 2 ejections of USA players and 1 ejection of an Italian player. There was a goal made by a Italy team member into the USA goal, a bloody nose/cheek to a USA player by an Italian player, lots of elbowing and crotch grabbing and some great defensive moves by the goal keeper of the USA team. That about sums it up.

 
At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kind of made me a bit hungry...

http://www.angelfire.com.film/casale
Casale in Abruzzo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home