.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The MONSTER GTG

Last weekend, Deme and I drove to Greve in Chianti to attend my third ex-pat GTG. There were about 90+ people present from all over Italy, from Ragusa in Sicily, to Calabria, Siena, Torino, Albino (Bergamo), Perugia, Roma, Ravenna, Pescara, Sweden, New Zealand, I can't name them all. This GTG was in the making for several months and thanks to a great many people was a complete success. Cristina, from Expats in Italy was the main organizer but many others were also responsible, Kelley for all the name tags, Laurie and Leticia for putting up the signs and driving the routes and Rita for her organizing also.

It was a cold day in Tuscany but the 5 hours seemed to whisk by despite the chilly weather. We picked up Sara R. from the train station in Florence and off we went. A quick 45 minutes later we were there. Many expats brought magazines, books, CD's and DVD's to trade and I got a few great books along with a few Oprah magazines. It was so great to put faces with the names on the expat site as well as with all the blogs I have been reading. I felt a great sense of community while I was there. There are others in Italy like me, with the same struggles, the same worries, the same everything and many of the same joys. I love my expat community and am very grateful to have found such a great friends. Can't wait for the next one.


Even the little Sprog got a name tag.

Franco and Carol

Sara R. and Annika

Sara B. and Cyndi


All contents copyright 2004-2006.
All rights reserved.

1 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Everyone looks so happy, and it's so wonderful that you had a chance to meet up with so many of your weblog friends in Italy.

Congratulations on "The Sprog."

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home