.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Guess Who I Saw Today? Hint: He's from TODAY!



As I was wandering around Porta Palazzo today in search of walnuts, THIS man caught my eye. Mainly because he had a camera pointed in his face and he was speaking English. May I present Mr. Al Roker.


Here I yell out "Hi Al" and he does not answer me but looks my way. His assistant tells me, "He's not being rude, he's on the phone." I did indeed see an earpiece sticking out of one ear.


Another shot of Al as he looks at all the wonderful stalls of fruits and vegetables all around him.


The NBC show set up a little media center in the middle of the market. With all the lights and wires, they were hard to miss.


All contents copyright 2004-2006.
All rights reserved.

7 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

COOL!!!!
He looks different, with that diet he's on. Awesome shot of him looking at you!! Hahahaa!!!

Sondra

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Miss H. said...

Thanks for all the photos and Olympic updates. I was wondering how people in Torino were faring with the Olympic hype moving into their city :).

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was watching the Today Show this morning and saw Al's report from that very place! He was talking to some of the stall's owners and said he was bringing back a clementine, a blood orange and some other orange back for Katie and Matt! I wish I could have seen you on television!!!!!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger sarainitaly said...

NO way! I saw that live report LIVE. I now have Slingplayer tv, and was watching the Today Show. Al rocks! hehe

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger allsun said...

Hello Gina, all I like to say is: "more, more and more..." I like your posts and the Olympic events. I now have a clear picture in mind of how Torino greets the event. Also, like your recipes! :p

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Linda said...

Very nice! I love Al Roker. Think he's hilarious.

I keep waiting to see YOU on the Today show soon! :)

 
At 9:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ok Gina - I've been so busy and not reading other blogs. You just rock!!! You rock because I can't believe you saw the today show live!~ I love it and get to watch it every day now thanks to living in Vancouver, BC. They've got that channel here and it's just so amazing that you got to take photos live! What a dream to do that from the Olympics... Wow... You must be on cloud 9 any way you look at it. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home