.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Ode to Cat-My Valentine's Day Post

-Even when you beg for milk after I’ve given you a helping, I can't deny you.

-Even when your hair, fine and white, sticks to every single article of dark colored clothing I have, I still want to hold you.

-Those giant fangs of yours scrape against me as you rub your face affectionately over my hands and cheek, but I will always encourage you.

-Your kibble is scattered all over my desk, since you insist of pulling bits of it out of the bowl before eating them, nonetheless, I am very handy with the vacuum cleaner.

-You take over my pillow at night, purr like a chainsaw into my ear, tickle me with your long, stiff whiskers and get between my Luvie and I, in spite of everything, I have not the heart to put you out.

-You ask that your food be warmed, stirred and dressed with a few drops of fresh bottled water, it’s a small price to pay, three times a day, to see you still eating a drinking like you used to.

-When you’re adamant about lying over half of my computer so I am forced to type emails with one finger, I can’t be cross with a cat who wants to keep me company as I work now can I?



A face that everyone can love.


Not so good for typing e-mails, great for taking a break and realizing e-mails can wait.

All contents copyright 2004-2006.
All rights reserved.

9 Comments:

At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweetie!

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger melusina said...

Such a beautiful cat!

I have the same problems with my three kitties. When I lived with my parents I wanted a cat, and since I always wore black I got a black cat. I left her at home and ended up adopting the three I have now, a variety of colors, all leaving hair all over everything. My husband can't stand it - but I vacuum and wash things often and keep it *moderately* hairless. It is hard with three! Still, how can you resist? They are so precious.

Bak-Gai (did I spell that right?) is especially precious because of all he has gone through.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger midnightbunny said...

Awwwww. Your cat really is beautiful. It's a great post to make ... especially on Valentine's day. :) Best wishes to you and yours always. I recently watched the Diane Lane movie, "Under The Tuscan Sun", and found your website incredibly intriguing especially since you are truly living a life in Italy with the man of your dreams. Best wishes to you always. :)

 
At 1:33 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Awww... he's such a sweetie. He has lost weight though. Has he been gaining it back? It's good to hear he's eating like you remember, though I don't remember him being so fussy with his food. Must be senioritis of the kitty sort.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Choco Pie said...

He looks happy. Looks like he's recovered from his travel ordeal. Sweet kitty, Happy Valentine's Day to him.

 
At 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute! And he looks so content.
Happy Valentines Day to all.

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Van Cong Tu said...

Such a cute Kitty. Happy Valentine's say Gina

 
At 2:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats true love for your pet! No matter how naughty and how much trouble they cause you, you just have to love them!

 
At 5:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an adorable post! It's clear that you love your little Kitty!

I found your blog via Sara of http://americaninitaly.blogspot.com/.

I took some time yesterday to read through and I just wanted to say that you have a wonderful voice! It sounds like you're enjoying your time in Italy ... I look forward to visiting your blog often!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home