.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Lovely Liguria

I hit the jackpot this weekend and got a chance to spend some time in Liguria with my friends Antonio and Laura (American) who have a place in Sestri Levante. (Deme has been gone for work (in Seattle) for over a week. I missed the ocean and water so much and it was nice to see a coast, sand, boats, sea gulls, all the things that remind me of the Northwest and of Guam. The scenery is gorgeous and Laura has a great website in which you can see more photos. See it here.



Downtown Sestri Levante, the beach is right at your fingertips. The water was clear and oh so cold as Liguria was experiencing a cold snap this week.



As we walked along a trail from Santa Margherita to Portofino, I saw palm trees everywhere which made me think of an oasis.



This is a famous beach on the way to Paraggi, definitely a postcard photo-op.



A lonely fisherman braves the biting winds.



Portofino Bay, all you have hear about this place is true, it is gorgeous. Filled to the brim in summer, we were lucky to be able to stroll around at leisure.



The boat launch in Portofino-in the summer it launches hundreds of boats as the bay gets so crowded, the words "can" and "sardines" come to mind.



At the top of Portofino there is an old church and a grand look-out. Antonio snapped a photo of us shivering from the winds.


All contents copyright 2004/2005.
All rights reserved.

7 Comments:

At 5:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures and it sounds like you had a lovely time! I miss seeing the ocean too but at least I'm not as landlocked as I was before.

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is unbelievably beautiful. Wow.

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

photos are stunning!! As a foodie who loves Italy, I really enjoy reading your blog. Hope you don't mind me adding it to my list of favorite blogs.

 
At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are beautiful pictures. It sounds like you had a great time too.

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Thuy said...

WOW! Beautiful pictures! I'm so jealous. My husband almost took a job transfer to Genoa Italy last year. May be someday....

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Great pictures Gina! Looks beautiful, but a little cold. Any new news on the cat?

Cyn

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Crystal said...

Stunning photos! I MUST get to Italy again real soon, what a paradise!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home