.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Free Time

This week, I received an email from a blog reader about what I do with my free time. I do tons of stuff actually, as I am interested in just about everything. Since my eye surgery I have not been taking as many photographs with film and have gone more the digital route. I hope to pick it up again when the weather gets a bit warmer. I read, I crochet, I bead, I write letters, I cook, I watch movies, I teach English, I paint and do tons more. All of this stuff can’t go on at the same time so I end up doing things in phases. This week it’s a painting phase.

We have several artistic family members: Sara is an artist (see her site here) I like to take photos and cook, Kentra cooks for a living, the other Gia just finished classes in a cooking program and likes to cook, Tia is a great little artist, and Anna, well she is the jock of the family and plays soccer, hikes, kayaks, and hashes (runs around in the boonies/jungle for fun), I forgot the other Gia is jockish too and has been paddling forever.

Here are a few of my samples:


Photo of an orchid


Its likeness with watercolors


I like to paint fruits and vegetables too


One of Sara's geisha studies


A painting by Sara I got for my birthday a while back. I hang it proudly in my kitchen.


What do you do with your free time?

All contents copyright 2004-2006.
All rights reserved.

5 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome website, and photos, etc.!!!
I found your website a couple weeks ago and have been meaning to tell you how great it is. I live in Nova Scotia, Canada, and I'm coming to Italy for a 2 week holiday in late March, and your insight has been awesome. In addition, I applied for a job in Rome so your writing has been so enlightening and encouraging so I sort of have an idea what I might be up against. Thanks again!!

I don't have a blog, but I have a website (wetducklounge.com). Also, my pooch Cooper thinks Zavier and Bak-Gai are both pretty cool.

Sondra Mantle

 
At 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my free time I read your blog!!

 
At 9:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's wonderful to display your talent like this. Your walls must be covered!

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

You have so much talent Gina! Painting, photography AND cooking! Is there anything you can't do? LOVE the paintings (all of the them)! Did you take classes to learn to paint or are you self taught?

Hope to see you soon.
Cyn

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Sara said...

I'm glad to see you're still painting. Thanks for the plug!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home