.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Trader Joe's Phad Thai

Today I went to Trader Joe's and wanted to try their Asian boxed lunches. They have phad thai and two other varieties. ( I cannot remember the varieties right now.) I usually do not like boxed food but could not resist. This phad thai claims to taste authentic and be ready to eat after 2 minutes in the microwave. I was game so I took one home for 1.99. The directions say to remove the noodles from the pouch and fluff with a fork then pour the sauce on top and microwave for 2 minutes.

The verdict: It was okay, the sauce was too sweet but not bad. The noodles were not soggy but not al dente and chewy like they should be. The only things missing were the bean sprouts, cilantro, lime, green onions, hot sauce, fried egg etc...
I don't think I will be buying it again.



All contents copyright 2004-2007.
All rights reserved.

2 Comments:

At 1:00 AM, Blogger Roam2Rome said...

Hehe... sooo, it was JUST missing bean sprouts, cilantro, lime, green onions, hot sauce, fried egg etc???

Yea, I don't think I'll be buying that either :)

:)

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trader Joe's does sell a good Pad Thai- but it is just the rice noodles and a sauce. Sweet, but not too sweet. You have to add the fried egg, bean sprouts,peanuts, tofu, shrimp, chicken,vegetabes or whatever... It is not as quick as just putting it in the microwave, but in 20-30 minutes or so you can have a fairly decent Pad Thai. I think it's only $2.99.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home