.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

American Dream 2

We bought a second car this past weekend. Demetrio’s rental car for the month was up. A Jeep and 4 Runner were possible options but we ended up with a CX-9. We liked the 7 seats, fully loaded options and Microsoft discount.

I guess it is time to let the cat out of the bag, we are expecting another child in November. (Quite a pleasant surprise to us. If the new baby comes a bit early and I am guessing he or she will, Veronica and the new baby will be 1 year apart.) With 2 cars, 2 kids, a station wagon and a dog, am I living the American dream? Our next step is settling down in a home of our own with a small yard.

Part of me feels like a cliché, part of me feels like a very lucky wife, woman and mother. I am lucky enough to be able to stay home with Veronica and will stay home with Sprog #2 as well.

When I feel like a cliché, I think about all the things that make us special and different from a typical stereotype. We love to have dinner together almost every night and Demetrio tries hard to be home to help put Veronica to bed. With his new job, he has a free gym membership and is working hard to stay in shape. He plans to run a half marathon and full marathon this year. I love the fact that he does something for himself two to three times a week. He also has a “guy’s night out” group that goes out for dinner or drink 2-3 times a month. We hope to actually go on “dates” again once we move into our house and feel comfortable with a competent baby sitter. I on the other hand try to do things for myself but I have Veronica with me. I am working hard to find something to do to call my own and when I feel more settled I am sure it will no longer be an issue.

All contents copyright 2004-2007.
All rights reserved.

13 Comments:

At 1:22 AM, Blogger Sara, Ms Adventures in Italy said...

Wow wow wow wow! Baby #2!! I'm so happy for you!

I was born really close to my brother as well (15 months apart) and I think my mom was glad to have them so close together.

I saw my friend in Rome this weekend whose baby is only 2 days older than yours, and I thought of you! I can't wait to see-hear more about the pregnancy. :) Congrats to both of you!!

 
At 2:36 AM, Blogger Stef said...

Congratulations! What an eventful year it has been for you. I am sure in time you will find something to call your own.

 
At 3:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!! And to imagine to get that done among Italian driver's license, finding new job and moving stress ... you are over achievers :) Very happy for you and I guess it is great that the kids will be quite close together ...

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doing my yearly delurk to say Congrat's on Sprog #2. I admire your guts during all the changes in your life. I would have lost it by now. You inspire me.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Maluhia said...

Congratulations! My sister Pia, mentioned it to me last weekend. My older sister and I are 11 months apart and we love it like that. For one whole month we are the same age. We used to tell people we are twins only I came out 11 months late. Her b-day is July 22 and mine is June 22.

Again, welcome back to Seattle and congratulations!

 
At 10:45 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! Congratulations! My mom is 11 months older than her closest sister and they definitely share a special bond. I'm so excited for you guys! Let's get together for lunch or coffee again soon! Or maybe a walk around Greenlake when the weather gets nice.

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Congratulations! You are very lucky. And you sound happy, too. Don't let your worries about whether you are a stereotype or not ruin your happiness. No one is like anyone else. You are living your life and that is all.

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just stumbled upon your blog from Between Pee & Kimchee and wanted to say I enjoy your blog a lot! - Good Kimchi

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Joy said...

Wow! Congratulations! How exciting! Can't wait to hear more!

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Delina said...

I'm so happy for you. Congratulations!

I do think you're lucky to be a stay at home mum.

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Enjoyed your blog and your occasional post on ChefTalk. Hope to see you there more when you get settled.

Have you ever heard the term "Irish twins?" ;-)

Mike

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Miss H. said...

I still can't believe how much you have accomplished in such a short time. I hope that your 2nd pregnancy goes smoothly and that you enjoy your time with V and your hubby.

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I'm happy for you guys! tina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home