.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Air Pot Heaven

If you are Asian then you know what an air pot is. We had two of them when I was a kid, one at my dad's office and one at home. It was essential that we always had hot water at the push of a button for hot tea, Cup-O-Noodle and other quick noodle/ramen type snacks but most importantly my dad loved instant coffee. In Italy I never saw them sold but last week when I went over to a girlfriends house and made Veronica's formula with hot water from her air pot, I knew I had to have one. Using it really brought back a lot of childhood memories.

I did my research (with the help of my sister) and I settled on the Zojirushi brand 2.2 liter air pot for $82.00 from Uwajimaya, a fantastic Asian market. (They even have a recipe page that is very authentic.) It is the perfect size for Veronica and I as Demetrio has never seen one and does not seem too impressed by it. We however LOVE it!


All contents copyright 2004-2007.
All rights reserved.

3 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had never heard of this appliance. I may get one. I'm also enjoying your Seattle posts as much as the Italy posts.

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

these are a staple in my chinese friend's homes!

i'm also glad you are keeping this blog going - it's great and i love your observations and honesty!

-reader in Cali

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger Miss H. said...

Zojirushi is THE best. I have a rice maker and a hot pot from them :). We Japanese call it a hot pot. I love them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home