.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Back In Seattle

HELLO America!!! We made it back to Seattle and my mom left back home to Asia then Guam. Thank you for all your help mom and Kentra. I could not have relocated this smoothly without you.

I think the name of this blog has to change. I am no longer in Italy and almost everyone in Seattle calls me Gina not Gia. Gina=nickname Gia=official name on all documents.

It was a joy seeing Veronica again. She seemed excited to see us and happy to be in our arms again. I am keeping her in quarantine since she has a cold and I want to re-establish her sleep schedule so she is not cranky and irritable. The first order of the day was to get a new car (yes I feel like a soccer mom but the car is a nice one and we got a great MS discount) and the second thing we wanted to do was to get her a new bed and to get it set up pronto. Without my mom and Deme around, it is harder than I thought to get things done. Luckily here in the States I can have someone help me to my car with my groceries and to take the shopping cart back too.

The past two days have been overwhelming. Luckily, we have a temp. apartment with housekeeping, DSL Internet, cable, and all the comforts of home for the next two months. The grounds are nice and there is a tennis court and swimming pool. Zavier seems to appreciate the trail behind the complex. Now I am just trying to re-adjust to everything as quickly as possible.

All contents copyright 2004-2007.
All rights reserved.

8 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger alan said...

I'm glad you made it okay. Moving is always a hassle, but the worst is now behind you.

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

give me a call when you get settled and we can get together for coffee or something -- can't wait to see you!

Melissa :)

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Welcome back!

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gina!
I've been following your Italian adventure from the beginning. Thank you for sharing!

I worked many years at MS and left in April 04 to live out our dream of living in Italy for a year near Cortona. The best part of our return to the states was the news Daniela would arrive in December.

We live in Redmond, maybe we could meet up at the park with the girls one day!

Welcome back. We hope your re-entry back to the states is a smooth one and you are soon feeling settled.
All the Best, Jill
weloveitaly@hotmail.com

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back. Are you feeling re-entry culture shock yet?

 
At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I've been reading your blog for the last few months and enjoying it, as I have relocated to Bolzano, Italy, from San Francisco to be with my husband since last July. Reading other's experiences has helped me alot with the homesickness and culture shock of living in a foreign country. I hope you continue to keep your blog because I would surely miss it.

Sandra
Bolzano, Italy

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Delina said...

Hi. Welcome back to Seattle! Definitely keep up the blogging, but I guess you do need to change the name now that you're no longer here in Italy.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger jt said...

Hi Gina,

Welcome back! I've been reading your blog since I came across it last year. Glad to read that the move went smoothly and you're all readjusting well.

Maybe we can get together sometime. I can make Guamanian food :-) We're still in Bellevue.

Jane
tuzonjd@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home