.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Caffe' del Doge-Venezia

Italy has great coffee there is no doubt about it. I usually end up ordering a cappuccino in the morning and a macchiato in the afternoon or evening. Every once in a while I long for some variation in the coffee offered in Italy and Caffe' del Doge offers just that. Demetrio had an Otello, which is a coffee with whipped cream flavored with gianduja and creme di nocciolo (hazelnuts). Very yummy! They make great coffee with touches to spice and flavor without going overboard.

*I have to admit I used to drink double shot mochas with a touch of mint but have never ventured into the "spiced pumpkin pie latte with marshmellow flavored whipped cream or the white chocolate mocha that you stir with a peppermint stick.


The inside of the cafe is really cool with different types of beans offered for your expresso. You can chose from 8 kinds of beans and have then ground to your specificaions.

We met with (J) whose full name is a secret since she works there and treated all of us, my mom, Cyndi, Deme and I to free coffees. Thanks J!

Caffe' del Doge
Calle dei Cinque
San Polo 609
30125 Venice, Italy
+39 041 5227787
www.caffedeldoge.com

All contents copyright 2004-2007.
All rights reserved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home