.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My First Guests in Italy

For the past week I have been in Tuscany and Rome showing some friends the sights and just hanging out. After a year and a half of living here, I have my first visitors to Italy! Rachel, 16, Daniel, 13 and their mom, Jane were one of the families that I spent the better part of 13 years with in Seattle as their Super Nanny. Deme, Giordano and I packed up our bags and headed South to meet them.

Here are a few highlights:


Rachel, Daniel and Giordano in front of the Duomo in Orvieto. This little town was full of tourists but worth the short detour off the A-1 to Rome as the city itself is a sight to see. Built on high cliffs, it is a wonder.


This photo was taken right outside the Uffizi Museums in Florence at the Piazza della Signora. If you plan to visit Florence, the Uffizi and the Academia are must sees, make a reservation in June, July and August as the lines can be as long as 2 hours without one. With the heat of the summer and the abundance of tourists, we were glad to have made reservations.


A few colorful windows in Montestilgliano where Jane, Rachel and Daniel were staying.


Giordano and Daniel play a few games in the gameroom. I think Giordano won this one.


Everyone relaxes by the pool to keep the scorching heat at bay. This estate was grand, with olive groves, two pools, a game room, and much more. We also saw a porcupine and two hares.

It was wonderful to see them and a great way for Giordano to hang around some Americans, all in all a great time was had by all and I can't wait to get back to Seattle in March for Daniel's bar mitzvah.

All contents copyright 2004-2006.
All rights reserved.

1 Comments:

At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Italy is as beautiful as I remember. Looks like everyone is having a grand time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home