.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Juventus March

The past week in Torino there has been a lot of talk about the tragedy that befell a former Juventus player. I am not a big soccer fan but could not help but take notice today when a large procession passed right in front of my building. It was not associated with the World Cup but more with the local team of Torino. I am still not sure what the march was for but I'll check the news tonight.


The procession went on for about 40 minutes. It started near the Stadio Olympico and headed towards downtown.



Everyone was peaceful in spite of the heat and even though there was a lot of shouting, flares being lit, air horns and excited marchers.



The police had no trouble as far as I could see.



Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing

The marchers are shouting "Ole, Ole, Ole Juve, Juve."


For more information about Juventus, click here.

All contents copyright 2004-2006.
All rights reserved.

4 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger Judith in Umbria said...

I suspect this has more to do with 'lo scandolo', which centers around the Juventus team. They are facing a real possibility of ending up in serie C. It may be decades before Torino has a respectable team. If it sounded like "ohLAY, ohLAY" it is a support chant.
Although the horrific story of Pessetto must concern fans, I don't see what taking to the streets could do but harrass his relatives.

 
At 12:56 PM, Blogger Myrea said...

Beautiful photos!

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger Open Roads Mama said...

Hi Gina. Thanks for inspiring quite a few of my recipes. You must be such a good cook! :-)
I've been reading your blog for a while and it's been a lot of fun. Keep it up!

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Gia. Just wanted to stop by to say hello.. I need my wife to read this blog! some of the stuff you have looks great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home