.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Weekend Wrap-Up

We headed off to Rome this weekend so Demetrio could run the Roma to Ostia half marathon, that's 13 miles and 21 kilometers. Winter in Torino has been cold and with two business trips to Seattle he has not had much time to train. Still he came in in 2 hours and 6 minutes which is almost exactly half of this Marathon time in November 2005 of 4 hours and 35 minutes. Not bad for a an almost 43 year old smoker. (I wish he would stop the smoking though, he insists he is waiting for a Phillip Morris sponsorship.) A big victory for me too: I had to drive him to the starting line and then find my way back home alone. Therefore, I can say, I can drive in ROME! Another one on the belt notch for me.


A 7:30 a.m. pre-run photo.


Here he is about 100 yards from the finish line.


The dog got some exercise at the beach in Fregene. Paw on stick = my stick, stay away.

He lets them know when they get too close to "his" stick. "Though he be small, he is fierce."

He had a great time with this dog, they played "keep away" for about an hour. Funny thing was the larger dog could not get enough of Zavier. Maybe he was thinking "I've never seen a barking river rat before."


All contents copyright 2004-2006.
All rights reserved
.

4 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

A BIG congrats to Deme! Way to go! You made me laugh out loud when you wrote about a "Philip Morris sponsorship". Too funny.

Love, love, LOVE your dog (and of course your cat too). They are sweet animals with wonderful personalities!

Cyn

 
At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Demetrio for his time in the marathon.
Congratulations to you for driving in Rome.
And Congrats to your dog for keeping his stick.

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Van Cong Tu said...

Congrats, Love your dogs pics

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger OTRgirl said...

Your dog sounds so funny!

Driving in Rome is very impressive. Not that I've tried, but I've heard the vicious rumors...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home