.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Sunday, March 05, 2006


On the advice of someone who commented on my blog I went to a store called Casteroni in Rome, they have several locations, to look for my tortilla press. No luck on the press, they actually used to carry them but don't anymore.

Long story short I found a ton of stuff:
(this is the short list)
cranberry juice
Libby's canned pumpkin
black strap molassas
pinto beans
wild rice
sichuan peppercorns
poppy seeds
BBQ sauces
marshmellow fluff
French's Yellow mustard
scottish shortbread
mirin-rice wine
etc....

Strangest thing I saw and bought was Tom Yum Soup in a can and from Thailand!

3 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Libby's canned pumpkin!!!! My parents send me two cans of that every year. I can't believe you can get it in Italy!

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Gia! A suggestion, if I may, for something to do with the marshmallow fluff... my mom used to make toasted peanut butter & fluff sandwiches for me as a kid. Mmmmmm... I treat myself once a year to this heavenly, albeit, high carb treat.

And then there's the canned pumpkin... pumpkin soup, pumpkin dumplings/noodles, pumpkin bread and of course the ever tastey pumpkin pie. I love pumpkin! Enjoy your treats!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger anni said...

Ciao, Gia-Gina!
My first visit to your blog. Imagine how excited I was to see the inclusion of Tom Yum Goong. (Check out my blog - http:/www.blissfulbanquet.blogspot.com). As I noted, I frequent the local latino market. I will be glad to send you a handy tortilla press. It is a fun gadget to have.
I look forward to seeing more of your entries. Enjoyable!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home