.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A Cheater's Guide to Chinese BBQ Pork and Ribs



I am taking no credit for THESE whatsoever!


When Push comes to Shove, I used the packet and save myself some time.


The only problem is that I crave these ribs, pork chops etc... at least once a month. As you can imagine I am stingy with the packets. If you happen to find these packs yourself, I suggest the following:

1. Instead of adding just water like the directions say, add 50% water and 50% soy sauce.

2. Press one to two finely minced garlic cloves into the marinade. If you have a pinch of 5 spice powder, that helps the flavor. Add chili flakes if desired.

3. Whether you choose ribs, pork chops or pork butt strips marinate them in a ziploc bag, or else the red stuff stains, overnight. Turning midway.

4. Do not overcook the pork and broil towards the end to get a really crispy, carmalized and roasted effect. Enjoy! Serve with white rice and sweet and sour cabbage.

All contents copyright 2004-2006.
All rights reserved.

5 Comments:

At 5:03 AM, Blogger DZER said...

all I can say is ... your blog makes me hunger like no other ... LOL

a lot of great recipes here; I am sure I will try some of them out ... like this one ... and the hot and sour soup — I LOVE that soup.

Thanks for visiting my little portion of the blogosphere; hope to see you back now and then :)

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger melusina said...

Oh man, you just made my almost 4 year craving for Chinese food even stronger!
Surely there is someone out there willing to start a Chinese restaurant here in Thessaloniki?! I promise to eat there once a week!!

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

This picture made me start drooling Gina. I will be over dinner, TOMORROW!

Bought our "tickets" to the GTG. Should be a ton of fun, but hope to see you and Deme before then.
Cyn

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Beautiful! What a great product.

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger Van Cong Tu said...

I love spare rips. Great pictures. Thanks for sharing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home