.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Friday, December 16, 2005

Tree Trimming on My Street




BEFORE
I am not sure what kinds of trees line my street but the entire street looks like it's getting a face lift this week. Although it's been cold, this tree still has all it's leaves from spring and summer.



DURING
I was awakened by the chain saws, cranes and wood chipper this morning as the work began. Our parking strip is off limits today as the work is done.



AFTER
Maybe the parks department wants to tidy up the trees all in one foul swoop instead of taking weeks to gather up the fallen leaves. Nevertheless the streets now look a little more bare.

All contents copyright 2004/2005.
All rights reserved.

7 Comments:

At 6:34 AM, Blogger Effimera said...

Wow, that's really kinda freaky. Now you have a nice view of EVERY car on your block! That in itself can be entertaining... :-)

 
At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They overtrim the trees by me too. They all look like huge branches coming out of the ground without even one leaf on them.
Isn't it the ugliest thing? I wonder why they do that?
They look different from the trees where the leaves fall off naturally too. I don't know how.

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Miss H. said...

That is a different, but effective clean-up method *LOL*.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Mona said...

Look at all the cute little mini Italian cars. So cute! Ha:) Sorry you were awoken by chainsaws. What a way to start the day....

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm guessing many of the trees don't really know which month it is because here in Vancouver, the trees are producing new leaves and flowers like an early spring.

Ah well, it's a big change but I notice this happening every year too. I guess it will be nice when spring comes around again.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Ross H. William said...

Nice post. Thanks sharing for this. Cheap and Professional Tree Trimming Services in Sydney

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger Emily Coates said...

Nice post. Thanks for sharing this post. Hire Cheap and Professional Tree Removal Services in North Shore

 

Post a Comment

<< Home