.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

PRK-1 month Later

I just found this site and think it gives an really nice contrast to my PRK experience. The weblogs' owner had PRK in one eye and LASIK in the other.

It's been a month after my eye surgery (November 17) and my eyes are still not healed. I have been instructed to suspended my cortisone drops, the help speed healing and have been told that there is no sign of infection. All in all, I would say PRK involves too much down time since I have not been able to drive for the last month. We will be going back to the eye doctor after Christmas, I hope to be seeing even better then.


All contents copyright 2004/2005.
All rights reserved.

6 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No infection. That's a good sign. Things are healing as they should. Maybe a little slower then you would like, but your eyes are healing just fine.
I hope you can drive soon.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Mona said...

Somehow I lucked out of the eye problems that my family is plagued with. MY dad just had serious eye surgery (worse than lasik) and he's slowly recuperating. I hope you'll be seeing awesome soon.
How's the kitty? Gosh I haven't been commenting in 2 days and I've missed so much!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Miss H. said...

Aye...it sounds like this PRK process has been way to laborious :(. I hope that your eyes heal soon!!

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger G.C. PHILO said...

What the hell is PRK? The People's Republic of Korea? How'd you get that in your eye?

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger Gia-Gina said...

GC Philo, FYI PRK atands for Photorefractive Keratectomy, it's a process. And if you want even more info. LASIK stands for Laser-Assisted In Situ Keratomileusis.

How do you like them apples? ;)

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Ouch - I'm so afraid of doing any procedure. I'm not ready for glasses but I feel for you since my eyes are so sensitive. I hope you feel better and better each day! Great site by the wayy -first time visitor.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home