.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Some Random Things About Me

I first must make a disclaimer that I stole this Meme from Sara.

TEN Random Things You Might Not Know About Me

1. I am a real nerd and used to study the dictionary\ies and encyclopedias.
2. I like dissecting things.
3. I have big feet, 8.5 in the U.S. and 39-40 in Italy.
4. I love the idea of travel but abhor flying.
5. Next to my bed, I must have water, lip balm and my Maalox.
6. My favorite household chores are doing dishes and vacuuming.
7. My favorite color is lime green and if I could I would have a lime green car.
8. Much to my husbands’ dismay, I have a zero alcohol tolerance.
9. I have a high pain tolerance but a low tolerance of the idea of pain.
10. I had a tattoo removed.

NINE Places I’ve Visited

1. The Ginza shopping district in Tokyo.
2. Manila, Philippines
3. The Arch in St. Louis
4. The Sunday Market in Bangkok
5. Kowloon Island, Hong Kong
6. New York’s Chinatown
7. San Francisco’s Chinatown
8. The Olympic National Forest in WA
9. The Shedd Aquarium, Chicago

EIGHT Ways to Win My Heart

1. Eat my pasta even after I tell you it is overcooked.
2. Offer me your seat in a restaurant if mine is near a doorway.
3. Tell me you don’t see dust in my house even if I know there is.
4. Offer me a jacket if it is cold outside.
5. Give me flowers of any kind, even if they are from the island next to a freeway.
6. Send me a real letter or card.
7. Call me on my birthday.
8. Love my dog.

SEVEN Things I Want to Do Before I Die

1. Go to China with my dad.
2. Go to Vietnam with my mom.
3. Take my sister(s) on a two week vacation of their choice.
4. Give my mother in law and her husband a vacation of their choice.
5. Enroll in a formal cooking school/academy and graduate.
6. Re-learn Cantonese and teach it to my children.
7. Complete the story of my life.

SIX Things I’m Afraid Of

1. I am afraid of heights and things that move really fast like roller coasters. Sometimes even my husbands driving.
2. Not being in control of my blood pressure.
3. Having my parents get sick.
4. Losing my husband.
5. The day have to put my cat down.
6. Losing Zavier.

FIVE Things I Don't Like

1. Being cold
2. Coffee without sugar and/or milk.
3. Badly cooked plain white rice.
4. Uneven chopsticks.
5. When the non-stick coating rubs off a non-stick pan.

FOUR Ways to Turn Me Off

1. Burp out loud, at the table.
2. Tell me you don’t eat this or that and visibly pick things out of your food instead of being discreet about it.
3. Chew with your mouth open.
4. Be mean/rude.

THREE Things I Do Everyday

1. Hug/Kiss the dog.
2. Hug/Kiss the Hubby
3. Wish for a child.

TWO Things That Make Me Happy

1. Being married to my husband.
2. The love of my family and friends.

ONE Thing On My Mind Right Now

1. My old cat, Bak-Gai.


All contents copyright 2004/2005.
All rights reserved.

4 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Size 8.5 (39 or 40 in Italy)in the US is a big foot? I wear size 10.5. (42 or 43 in Italy) Now that is a huge foot. Impossible to find shoes for in Italy.
My shoes look like boats.
I really like the two thing that make you happy.
I would choose the same things about my life too. :)

 
At 10:03 AM, Blogger sarainitaly said...

Yeah, those are fun and sentimental too. I liked this meme! Good info. :OD

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Miss H. said...

Thanks for sharing this. I love the layout of this post...descending order to a pinnacle point.

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'd like to know where I can meet other people who enjoy cookery, particularly pakistani cooking. I've joined this site (pakistani cooking) but where else can I meet other local devotees of pakistani cooking?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home