.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Mexican in Torino?

We went to our first Mexican restaurant in Torino last night. It was called The Malibu, via Regina Margherita, 27. The decor was very authentic, I loved the colors, the tables were of a nice size, there were "scenes" of shoes stores, a post office, etc... There were old photos on the wall and if I were not in Torino, I would think I was in Cancun or Baja. BUT the service was terrible since it took 45 minutes for our bill to arrive. (We asked 3 times and when we gave them 2 cards to run through, they run only one and tell us they can't split the bill. Huh?) Never again.

See the food photos below:

All contents copyright 2004/2005.
All rights reserved.

8 Comments:

At 11:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks good :)

 
At 2:11 AM, Blogger Gia-Gina said...

DandyNa, thanks for stopping by. I went to your blog and alas am not that great at reading Italian yet.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

I was ready to meet you for a margarita until you said the service was bad. I would give anything for some mexican food right now!

cyn

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Judith in Umbria said...

I always wonder why they don't import absolutely any of the corn Mexican products.
Consider yourself lucky, Gia. I once tried a new Mexican risto here and was awake all night being sick. Awful, awful. And they didn't even make margaritas so that I wouldn't have known how sick I was. When they Italianized the food, it became neither fish nor fowl and there wasn't one edible thing, really.
Buone feste!

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Miss H. said...

Yikes. I love Mexican food, so I can totally empathize with your disappointment. I'll have to keep that in mind if I think of relocating overseas *LOL*

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

ooh, sorry the restaurant wasn't as good as you'd hoped! i love mexican food and have not found a place in Le Marche yet (although I hear there's a restaurant in Ancona), but i did eat Mexican in Venice once, and it wasn't that great. Since I've been in Italy, I've been determined to make my own Mexican, and, finally, I've gotten to the point where I can do it pretty well. Sometime we should have a Mexican GTG here in Macerata!

Happy Holidays!

-Jackie

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was the food good?

Roberta

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous www.lamparas.biz said...

Quite effective info, lots of thanks for the article.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home