.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Jumping on the Bandwagon

The hubby is dieting, the dog is dieting, maybe I should jump on the bandwagon too. I have to admit running is hard to do at first. Dieting when you love to cook and are in charge of all the grocery shopping is even harder. We’ve stopped buying all junk foods, no chips, gelato, ice creams, or any other fatty treats. All in all, I think we have a very healthy diet (no boxed foods here); the problem is the lack of aerobic activity. This has been on my mind recently and I keep thinking about it and wondering if there is an easy way out. (Is this an American trait?) I am afraid of what winter will do to me. We've discussed joining a gym as a possible solution.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
His numbers: 4.9 kilos and steady. 7 years and 4 months old, that's 50 dog years.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I used to ask the hubby if he was wearing a belt ot not since the tummy covered his waistband. Now, 7 kilos later (that 15 pounds) it's quite obvious that he IS wearing a belt!

5 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Blogger Judith in Umbria said...

Here's something to help you keep busy. I tag YOU for the Kitchen Meme. Instructions in english at:
http://www.cavolettodibruxelles.it/2005/10/kitchen-meme.html

(aren't you glad you know me?)

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger sarainitaly said...

Looking good! Now that all my guests are gone, I need to start my diet and working out on my elliptical trainer again! Very hard to do in the land of pasta, cheese, wine and gelato! hehe

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Miss H. said...

Keep up with your running! It starts out hard, but gets much easier very quickly! After I do an event (1/2 marathon, 10K, 12K, 15k...) I always take a week off from running. After the week off, I re-enter it gradually because it literally feels like labor! *haha*. BTW, hubby looks trim and so does the doggie :).

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Mona said...

Wow, from what I see, you guys don't seem to need to diet at all! But of course , it is a healthier thing to do when you look at the longterm benefits :)

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Handsome husband, handsome dog!

Diet? What's a diet? heh heh heh!

Paz ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home