.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Ex-Pats Unite!

I am very pleased to announce that this Saturday, Laurie, Nat, Alberto and I will head to Como/Colico to our first Ex-Pats in Italy Get Together! (Deme will stay in town for a wine fair in which his friend of 15 years is winning several awards. He has promised to set up the navigation system for me and YES I am driving!) Carol B. is the organizer and I am the Evite coordinator. This group is one that has offered me an immeasurable amount of support online. I have met a gem in Laurie, Linda M. and soon Nat. via Ex-Pat sites. To know I can call various Ex-Pats like Judith in Umbria and Rowena when I have “issues” is a comfort. Thank You Ex-Pats for your bending ears and generous hearts! Check back after the weekend for photos of the “meeting of the minds”.

3 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great time.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Have a safe drive. Ci vediamo presto!

Cyn

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Mona said...

Oh man, I'm an evite junkie. I love playing with evite. I hope you have a great time! Someday I hope to be an ex-pat myself...a girl can dream right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home