.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Friday, September 23, 2005

TGIF-Thank Goodness it's Friday

It’s been a week of lessons for Chiara. She is learning quickly even though she is a bit shy and reserved. After the first week, we made a card for her mom and she read it. “For Mama, I Love You” very cute. She knows when I am asking her:
her name, her age, where she lives, if she has a brother, his name and age etc.. Little things this first week. We done letters, numbers, colors, and although Italian children start school I year later than American kids, she is right one track for her age.

Riccardo, her brother, hangs around us and hears English but does not directly take part in the lessons. The pay is low but the lessons give me structure in my day and force me to get out of the house. Elisabetta, the mother of the children, is an open minded person from the South and had been very friendly and sweet. She values my services and appreciates me which feels very nice. I am glad to have found a delightful diversion in Chiara and Riccardo.

I spent my first weeks pay on film and photographic paper which should last me a while, maybe next week, I will actually purchase and item of clothing.

6 Comments:

At 6:31 PM, Blogger Miss H. said...

Teaching is rewarding, especially if you have students that are willing to learn! I'm glad that you have found something enjoyable to do!!

 
At 8:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed my past 5 years as a elementary teacher. I hate the Direct Instruction program they have implemented on Guam though. Way to structured.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hi Gia! waw- i just looked through a little bit- and you do have recipies posted!! i'm so excited-

so jelous-- mi manca italiaaaaa!!!

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and your young student are doing a great job!

Paz

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great news Gina!! OK now I'm going to try hard to post a comment, had a lot of trouble loggin in and getting the site to let me do this....let's see how this works....baci da NEW YORK, e ci vediamo presto!

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't seem to post comments...here goes another try.... WHAT A GREAT WEEK, this is good news indeed. Baci da New York, (where my show seems to be a big hit!) and ci vediamo presto!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home