.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Darkroom Part II

After running around last week looking for chemicals, (which I only found 2 out of 3), I improvised and ended up printing a few photos today. See the results below with my comments:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Many of you may recognize this as Piazza San Marco in Venice. The pigeons usually give it away. I was in Venice last spring and shot this very elegant and distinguished man strolling through the square. He looked as if he was in no hurry at all, I love that I caught him in mid-step and with pigeon frozen as it flew out of his path.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This fountain was located in another square somewhere in Savannah, Georgia. I paid a visit to my sister in 1996 or 1997 when she was studying at the Savannah School of Art and Design.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is my cat Bak-Gai taking a drink from my fish bowl. The fish however does not look bothered. I adore the way his tongue is so gently lapping up the water that it does not make even a ripple.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I call this photo "Bak-Gai Spooky". This cat is a lover and in this photo he seems almost sinister. It's amazing how light can play tricks on you.

7 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger Miss H. said...

I love the black and white photos. I always have. Especially with the "Bak-Gai Spooky" photo. Cats are creatures of the night, so it is so appropriate that this photo capture the cat essense...both mysterious and a little mischievious.

 
At 12:46 AM, Blogger Judith in Umbria said...

You are good, girl.
You and Diva are both great photographers and cooks.
I didn't see the cat as scary, he looks to me like he's trying to communicate. Mine do that kind of look, too, but one has no voice at all, and another has a scratchy, almost not there voice. Strangely, they are not related. Vet doesn't know why the one can't talk because he does have vocal cords, but he was born that way. Anyway, the upshot is that they communicate with looks. Or sometimes they pat me. They do have lots to say.

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Gia-Gina said...

Judith,
Thank you for your kind words. Who is Diva? I would love to check out her blog if she has one. I miss my cat so much but my sister says he is doing better these days. This makes my heart rest a bit easier.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Judith in Umbria said...

Diva is Judy Witts, a chef and cooking teacher in Florence. You can find her blog on the left side of her website which is www.divinacucina.com
She is also a delightful person, although she uses too many exclamation points. Thank God, she's not perfect.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger bert671 said...

i love your photos. the fact that you choose to process it manually still says a lot about your love for maintaining the old art.
i used to do it at college, my choice of film waas the Tmax100 which was easily pushed past 800 and still maintained great detail and contrast. what film do you use?

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your photos!
Paz

 
At 3:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice photos!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home