.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Monday, September 12, 2005

A Lunch with Friends

I think by now everyone knows that Deme and I got married after only dating for 8 months or so. In such a short time it’s been difficult to really get the full scoop on this past. I’ve met good friends, work friends, old girlfriends, family members, old high school friends and to his credit, he is a great story teller but not a very revealing person. When I learned that his old roommate from Ireland and his wife were coming to Rome, I saw it as a perfect example to learn more about my husband. I relished the stories such as the ones they told about going to the “chipper” for fish and chips after a night at the pubs. When I first decided to marry this man, I wanted to know everything about him right away. Of course I did not get what I wanted but slowly he is unfolding to me in a way that makes my past impatience seems childish.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here's the Irishman himself, hopefully I'll have other chances to pick his brain in the future.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Alice and I. We're smiling for the camera but with tummy's grumbling for lunch.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The most artistic plate of the day, a mixed plate of raw seafood. The giant red prawns and scampi were sweet and delicate.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The second best plate of the day, Fergal's first course. The salmon was perfectly complimented by tomatoes and a pesto of celery.

5 Comments:

At 10:43 AM, Blogger Mona said...

Hearing about you and your husband, and the short -dating factor is so cute. Don't worry, that happens to plenty of people!
Am excited to hear about stories/if any you learn from the Irish friends.
Fun pictures!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Gia-Gina said...

Mona, I've learned quite a few and I don't think they are publishable. Ha Ha!

 
At 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Gia-Gina!
I'm so happy to be reading your blog. We have a similiar background. I'm a Laotion and have emirated to the states with my family. My dad is half Chinese and very proud to be one. I was born with a Chinese name, and had to change it to a Lao name when leaving for America.
I married an American and now live in India doing volunteery work.
I'm trying to learn Hindi but maybe I don't try harder. Being a good supporter to your husband I need to be more of that. Isn't just hard sometimes when you just want to run away to your own country?
It's just so nice to read one's blog and to find it very encouraging.
Also, I like the way when you blog you post pictures of you and hubby and others, etc. You have a very beautiful smile! Looking forward to reading your next post.
Ping (In India)

 
At 4:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good location, good food, and good company!

What a fun visit you seemed to have had with your husband and friends. And you also got the chance to learn more about the hubby, too. Great! Keep peeling those layers and having fun discovering more and more about your husband.

Ping, you have an interesting story, too.

Best to All,
Paz

 
At 5:21 AM, Blogger Gia-Gina said...

Ping,
I am glad to have your comments on the blog. Yes it seems we do have a very similar background, how is life in India?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home