.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Thursday, June 23, 2005


I love the fact we can buy bufala=buffalo mozzarella by the bucket at our local grocery store. This mozzarella is much softer, more buttery and slightly more acidic than the regular cow's milk version. It's actually difficult to cut into slices without a sharp knife.

3 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Blogger Gia said...

The easiet way to slice and grate it is to put it in the freezer for a little while so it will firm up. The slicing and grating will go much easier and not too much waste in the form of crumbles. Make a nice insalta caprese with the basil from your garden...also a nice way to beat the heat.

 
At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum!! Now that there mozzarella looks mighty familiar... ;-) Great food posts! And yep, I try also not to contribute to the heat so I rush through any baking and cooking in the early morning (before 9) and in the late afternoon. Still... {wipes sweat of brow}

Summer in Torino...uh oh, I know exactly what you are experiencing. I would put 2liter bottles of water in the fridge and wake up in the middle of the night to go grab them, hug them to my chest and go to sleep on the tile floor! It was August, but as you well know, the heat wave is early this year. Next week Dario told me that the temp forecast was up to 37 degrees C?!?!

Calgon take me away!!!

 
At 2:38 AM, Blogger Gia-Gina said...

Rome was about 2-3 degrees celsius cooler but when I converted 37 celsius to fahrenheit, I found it was exactly 98.6. I am waiting at home for the heat wave to pass. Unluckily for us I think it passes in August.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home