.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Thursday, June 23, 2005


The red, white and green that comprises Italy's flag also finds its way into one of my favorite salads, caprese.

2 Comments:

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Gia said...

I feel like such a dork telling you to make insalata caprese...when here it is! I expected to see perfect slices of tomato & mozzarella in alternating layers with either whole basil leaves or a chiffonade of basil. Although not traditional, I like to do a quick vinaigarette of balsamic and EVOO...I think the balsamic adds something to it.

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Gia-Gina said...

Some places add the balsamic and I do at times but this mozz. was so soft, I just cubed it and I don't think the freezer trick would have worked. I use this trick for thin slices of meat tho'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home