.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Nella Mia Famiglia=In My Family

Here is a taste of what I can compose in Italian: (There will be a translation) It is simple but I am assured by my teacher and a doubtful husband. (He did not believe I wrote it.) The grammer is difficult, some of their grammatical rules are completely foreign to me. Some rules do not exist in English at all....

Nella mia famiglia ci sono otto persone.
In my family there are 8 people.

La famiglia consiste in: mia madre, mio padre e cinque sorelle.
The family consists of my mother, my father and 5 sisters.

Le mie sorelle numero tre e quatro sono gemelle.
My third and fourth sisters are twins.

Due sorelle vivono negli Stati Uniti.
Two of my sisters live in the United States.

Una viva in Seattle, un'altra vive in Nashville con sou marito.
One lives in Seattle, the other lives in Nashville with her husband.

Altre tre sorelle vivono in Guam con i meie gentori.
The other sister live on Guam with my parents.

Solo io vivo in Europa.
Only I live in Europe.

TA DA!!!!

10 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good work, Gina! :) I especially like "io vino in Italia" (I wine in Italy) :) How true!

I'm so enjoying reading your blog and knowing what's going on in your life in Italy -- I hope you're doing well, and I'll hopefully talk to you soon!

Melissa :)

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Sara said...

Cool! Some of the words are easy to guess at the meanings. I'm sure you'll learn quickly.

"io vino in Italia." Should that be "I wine in Italy" or "I whine in Italy"?

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger barbara said...

GOOD WORK!!! Only one correction: the english "and" in italian is "e". "e'" is the 3rd singular person of the verb to be -->"is"

It's a really nice blog.
My congrats!!!

barbara
an italian who tries to have a blog totally written in CORRECT english!! =)

 
At 5:31 AM, Blogger barbara said...

..another one comment...
it's really interesting reading about your own country described by a foreigner, because there are described little things which I don't usually focused on.
For example, what I say when I buy 200gr of ham..
hope not to seem stupid!!
cheers!

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Gia-Gina said...

Barbara, your advice was taken and I corrected my mistakes. The spellchecker does not work in Italian so I could not make sure, by the way, are you from Torino?

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger barbara said...

yes, i'm from torino. I saw that you went here. Hope you enjoyed!!
I you want I can be your free spellchecker!!!!! :-D

cheers!
b.

 
At 1:09 AM, Blogger Gia-Gina said...

Barbara, Not only have I been to Torino, I live here. My husband works at Mirafiori and we live in La Crochetta, our new apt. will on on Co. Galileo Ferraris! What a small world.

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger barbara said...

really?!?!?!?!? I live in V. S.Massimo, near c.so Vittorio.... It would be very funny if we were NEIGHBOURS!!! hahaha!! :-D

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Gia-Gina said...

Barbara, I think we are practially neighbors, we can keep in touch and meet when I get the apartment set up. Right now as you can see from the blog it is completely empty and we have a full 20 foot container arriving this or next week. I will be so busy. I pass Corso Vittorio everyday as I take the bus to my classes near Co. Francia.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger barbara said...

ok! We'll could have a coffee!!
I leave my email, so we can keep in touch easier:
hooperbis@genie.it

=D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home