.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Valentine's Day

Demetrio’s flight left last night @ midnight. He got me a Valentine’s Day card but forgot to get it to me before he left. Being all alone and a newlywed on February 14th is not as bad as I imagined. Kentra came over in a bear outfit to present me with a gift wrapped bear and chocolates. Not only did she scare me to death when I looked out of the peephole in my front door, she caught me while I was in the middle of filing out forms upon forms as I tried to redeem rebates from the three companies that I purchased my laptop and software from. Still I am grateful, I’m just glad she did not show up at my job that way, lucky Frank!

Sunday evening we were the guests of honor at a party that included all the families and all the children I have been taking care of from as recently as 6 months ago to up to 12 years ago. It was all very bittersweet and not tear was shed, I had thought about bringing a handkerchief but realized. I had packed them all away.

Now I feel a bit overwhelmed as I look about the house and see all the leftover things I need to pack. My darling husband left me with quite a few things to do. The most daunting task so far is to place shipping labels on approximately 500 boxes, most of them in his garage. The condo still needs to be cleaned professionally before our tenant moves in.

Zavier had his teeth cleaned, got a new EURO microchip that cost a fortune, and both cats are getting a full examination and their shots updated. I sold my car last Friday for 16,800.00 which Demetrio is very proud of b/c he found the buyer on the Microsoft classified ad’s. After a year and a 4 months of ownership I only lost about a thousand dollars on the car…. Not bad. There is still more to do thought…Whew! I get tired just thinking about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home