.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Sunday, November 28, 2004

Torino or Bust

So a few people know that I may follow Demetrio and his job prospect to Turin or just move to Rome (his hometown). I say "may follow" because every week or so I get cold feet and tell him that I cannot go through with it. Making a Trans-Atlantic move is very daunting for me since I have only lived in two places my entire life, Guam and Seattle. I'm not one that is good with change or transitions either.
This past weekend we spent a bit of time looking on the computer for places to rent or buy. Hopefully we'll find a small villa or an apartment in the city, his requirements are high ceilings, an antique building, good light and a nice neighborhood. Mine are good light, nice neighborhood, large kitchen and a balcony so I can plant a patch of grass that the dog can use in case I am too lazy to get him out to do his business. But most importantly of all, we have to get a place with am extra bedroom. Many of my family and friends are already planning their vacations around my move. Being jobless, I will have plenty of time to play hostess to guest after guest after guest.
We hear about the job in the next two weeks or so, if he gets it we move soon, if not we stay here a bit longer take the time to pack up my things, have a garage sale or two and then move. Our timeline is still a bit up in the air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home