.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Veronica's Baby Shower

Veronica is 4 weeks old today and on November 4th, she will be a month old. We had a very nice baby shower for her in our home. Read about it and see photos here. When the whole event was over, I got a bit sad as in 4-6 months we plan on leaving Torino and moving to Rome where I will have to start over and make new friends (something I am not looking forward to (the moving part that is).) I love the little ex-pat community I have found here in Torino, mostly the connections have been made through my blog but also via the Expats in Italy site. I guess that is all part of moving and relocating, you gain some and lose some at the same time.

All contents copyright 2004-2006.
All rights reserved.

7 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Kataroma said...

Hi Gia - I've been reading your blog for a while (especially the recipes - yum!). I'm an expat living in Rome. Anyway - when you move to Rome look me up (email me through my blog maybe). I guess you'll be busy with the baby but it would still be very nice to meet you and welcome you to Rome.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

Already a month for the new mom?! Time is flying!! And let me be the first to say that I will welcome you with open arms to Rome, no worries!! Maybe we can even get a little knitting club together to make some things for your new baby ;-)

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Shelley - At Home in Rome said...

Oops, sorry, the second to welcome you--missed your comment Kataroma but we can be the welcome wagon for Gina!

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger avery said...

Me too! me too! I live in Rome and will also welcome you and Veronica with open arms. Would love to meet you guys.

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Gia-Gina said...

Wow, thanks everyone. I am so happy to read your comments. As we move closer to the relocation date I will definitely call and contact you. Send me an email or I will check out your blogs too. I appreciate the effort everyone is making. Thanks.

 
At 6:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A smile for Veronica!
Luca (Torino)

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, I want to tell you how much I have enjoyed your blog...for MONTHS & MONTHS & MONTHS!! I hope you can feel the appreciation and love...all the way from California. And, Veronica, is beautiful and her pictures are precious. As an OB nurse, I followed your pregnancy closely and you took such good care of yourself...as did Deme take good care of you. Veronica is lucky to be so loved by wonderful parents. Just one consideration for you to thing about --- Will you be changing the title of your blog from Diary and Life of a Sprog to incorporate Veronica's name? I guess I'm a little old-fashioned. At any rate, I'll follow your blog no matter what it is named. Thanks for taking the time to fill us USA people in on life in Italy.

Con affetto,
California Girl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home