.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Candied Ginger and Walnut Biscotti




Why on earth would I make candied ginger? Well for my famous candied ginger and walnut biscotti of course. I actually stole this recipe from a friend, Jane. She used to give it out for Christmas and I think she still does. I had to have the recipe and she gladly shared it with me. These biscotti are crispy and lightly chewy thanks to the candied ginger. I'm still keeping the recipe to myself since they are fast becoming my signature cookie.


All contents copyright 2004/2005.
All rights reserved.

8 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you make your own candied ginger! It looks great and so does the biscotti :)

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger sarainitaly said...

That looks so tasty!

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will attest that these biscotti are AWSOME!!!!

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look yummy.

Is there any chance for a recipe ………:-)

Guess not !!! :-|

Atleast tell us any other great Biscotti recipe, as I gotta have one. Plz.

P.S. If you’re going to keep the recipe to yourself, then don’t show me the picture next time. Just Kidding. Its your blog do whatever you like.

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger barbara said...

Hi Gina, I sent tou an email to your email address (hotmail) but Mail Delivery Service send it back with these words "mailbox unavailable".
Anyway,
It's been a long time since I haven't written or called you and I'm sorry. You called me in november and it's already Christmas time! Time is running too fast!
Any plans for these days? Do you go with Demetrio to Rome or somewhere else?
I' ll stay in turin, just relaxing. I really need it because my thesis isn't finished
already (I begin to hate it.. puah!!). Just to give you an example of my Christmas holidays: this morning, the 1st day I stay at home, I woke up after 11 hours sleep, it's not that bad, isn't it?
If you're in turin we can meet, I'm here. I'll go again to acqueduct the 28th.

Byebye!

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Mona said...

OOh OOh! My dad loves biscotti (bee-SCOAT as he calls in his tried Italian accent), and it's not too late for me to make it for him, is it?

 
At 4:47 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Looks wonderful Gina!
Have a Merry Christmas and a safe and happy new year!
Cyn

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger G.C. PHILO said...

My girlfriend has been looking everywhere here for dried ginger, but all we've managed to find is ginger root. She's dying to try out this pumpkin pie recipe she's heard about...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home