.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Monday, January 02, 2006


A New Years tradition in Italy, lentils and some sort of cotecino or zampone. Cotecino is a giant hot dog looking thing that comes in a bag. You place the bag in a giant pot of boling water and in about 10 minutes it's ready. Zampone is a similar type of thing but all the "meat" is stuffed back into a pig's leg/hoof and then cooked in the same manner. I think of it as a giant hot dog kicked up a notch as Emeril would say.

3 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Ciao Gina! Buon anno! I love Zampone, but I can not eat the kind stuffed in a pig's leg. It is great with the lentils, but I love it with mashed potatoes too.

I guess you guys didn't go to France to ski?

Talk to you soon!
Cyn

 
At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that looks very good!! i want one! maybe wid some goat cheese...yah you know, the kind that tastes like goat pee! lmao!
luv,
j

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Gia-Gina said...

J, are you never going to let me forget the trip we took to the goat farm on Maui. I know you don't like goat cheese but it was delicious! See you on Oahu sometime soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home