.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Friday, April 28, 2006

The Police Came Knocking

Here a old photo of Deme asking for my residence card. I got a call from my custode this morning telling the police came by looking for me. This is actually a good thing, it means the city is getting ready to grant me my residence card. Part of the process if the police come by and see if you live where you say you do. She verified that I have lived here for over a year. Both of our names are on the call box on the outside of the building and on our doorbell right outside our apartment. They however said they were busy and would not come all the way up to check if I was physically living there. The word of the custode and the names of the outside call box were enough I suppose.

With the residence card we will be able to get reduced prices for electricity and our parking pass. Yipee!

All contents copyright 2004-2006.
All rights reserved.

7 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Corrie said...

ooh yay--isn't it exciting when they actually make PROGRESS on getting your residency stuff worked out? how long has it taken so far? I'm amazed they didn't actually come up to check on you! They have checked both times with me (we had to change residency, and they came by and checked again!).

-Jackie

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Cynthia Rae said...

Congrats Gina! I can not believe how long this has taken. I guess there are SOME perks for living in a small town.

The "Fuzz" came to door just a few weeks after I had applied. I have my card for a year now!

Cyn

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger Dianka said...

Congratulations Gia!

~Dianka
http://na-zdravi.blogspot.com/

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Rowena said...

I remember the day when the police came looking for me...boy was he cute!

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger RennyBA said...

I came to you're blog by browsing in Travel Blogspots and thought I should say hello from Norway. Congratulations Gina and have a wonderful stay with you're husband in Italy.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger Miss H. said...

Congrats!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Gina - that is great news! I can't wait until I have the same news here in Canada.. Oh it feels so much better to belong!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home