.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

Puttanesca

I end up making pasta at almost every meal, here is usually eaten as a first course followed by meat, chicken or fish. The internet is a great source for recipes but I also try to re-create pasta dishes I read about in magazines or have eaten in restaurants. When I am in a hurry, this dish comes together very quickly.

Puttanesca (the dog does not get any of this, too spicy)
Serves 2-4

½ box pasta
2 T. chopped black olives
4 anchovy fillets chopped
1 T. capers chopped
1 15 oz. can of chopped tomatoes
2 garlic cloves, pressed
Pinch of chili flakes

1. Put pasta water on to boil, add salt and cook pasta until almost al dente.
2. Meanwhile, sauté the garlic, chili flakes, anchovies and capers in some olive oil until fragrant and softened. (2-5 minutes)
3. Add tomatoes and cook for 5-10 minutes until the liquid has reduced slightly.
4. Add olives, give a good stir and add sauce to drained pasta, let everything cook together for a minute or two, until pasta is al dente and serve.

2 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Puttanesca is probably my favorite quick pasta dish. We can almost always make it straight from the pantry without a trip to the store, and I love that the sauce is ready in the time it takes to cook the pasta.

 
At 9:52 AM, Blogger Gia-Gina said...

Alan, your poki is to die for!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home