.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Cast Iron versus Marble

I am so mad at myself. While making tonight’s dinner (baby green beans, roasted potatoes, and roasted turkey) I dropped my cast iron pan on the marble kitchen floor and the pan broke. The floor fared very well, no chips to speak of. Thank goodness, the pan only held 2 pieces of roasted turkey. I usually sear meat in an All-Clad grill pan but put it in the oven to finish cooking and my beloved cast iron pan was the perfect tool. I hope I can find another one here or else I will have to send Deme out looking for one when he goes to Seattle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home