.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Gia-Gina Across the Pond

So I've decided to follow my husband to his native Italy. Follow our adventures as we eat, drink, travel, adapt to and explore this remarkable country. Part food blog, part photo blog but mostly my rants and raves. After our two years in Italy, we relocated across the Atlantic "pond" and are back in the States.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

We Drove to Vote

We spent another weekend in Rome with our niece and nephew, not much to report as it was a very short weekend. We left Torino at 7 pm Friday evening, and ended up in Rome at 3 am. The drive was long due to four stops, our usual is two. We were both very tired by the end. On Saturday we all hung out at home and on Sunday we took the kids to a museum, after a late lunch we headed back to Torino. This weekend’s travel was so Deme could vote on a few important referendums, what a positive example he makes.

For three months, we’ve been driving to Genova, Pisa, Florence then Rome. This time we tried a new route, Torino, Parma, Bologna, Florence and Rome,; it was much faster, only 5.5 hours with two stops and an average of 136 kph or 81 mph. Much progess is being made!

5 Comments:

At 12:00 AM, Blogger Rowena said...

What a weekend drive! If there is one thing that I still haven't taken a liking to, it has to be the distances that one must travel to get from A to B. Coming from the mainland I guess it's not so bad for you, but it's just torture for me. Something about long distances that affects like when you go to the movies. I gotta have a ton of snacks in the car. Autogrill is tops though! ;-)

 
At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

too bad that not enough people followed Demetrio's example... but at least you can say it was an excuse for a trip.

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger Gia-Gina said...

Mr. M, do you wish to remain anonomous or will you reveal yourself?

 
At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will reveal myself, I don't like anonymity.
I'm Matteo, one of Barbara's friend. I came to your blog through her link. I've being reading from some time now, but I never commented. I have a website, in Italian though. but you are learning, aren't you?. Anyway. Nice to meet you :-)

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Gia-Gina said...

Ciao Matteo,
Thanks for your comments, I have taked 80 hours of Italian lessons but they have basically gone to waste since I don't get any practice at home. I have found a guy who wants to do a language exchange and this may help me put. I did see your website but alas cannot read Italian well. By chance were you one the boat to Elba last summer, if so I may have seen your photo on Barbara's site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home